[bookport] Re: battery contacts

  • From: "Scott Howell" <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 21:00:12 -0500

This whole issue over batteries and changing them causing bent contacts
just makes no sense to me. Please if the unit was designed properly,
then bent contacts isn't an issue. Matter of fact rough handling in my
opinion is the only way to bend those contacts. I've changed my
batteries plenty of times and have ot had any problems with them
bending. They are well constructed and they don't use the springs which
can become knocked out of place with lots of use. I can't see how a
rechargible battery sized and shaped exactly like its counterparts would
do any damage.

Scott