[bookport] Re: bad Book Port CD

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:46:02 -0500

No, you see APH is testing this new protection scheme for recording copyrighted
material.  If you have the right chip and the right protection code and pin you
can hear the book; otherwise you get music.  The only thing that they will have
to do is make sure that they have a way to know what kind of music the person
prefers so they can be sure to have the most appropriate music on the CD.  Or,
maybe as punishment for a person trying to read a book they do not have the
right authorization for they could have the music be some really off the wall
music mixed with Studio Recorder beeps indicating distortion.