[bookport] Re: bad Book Port CD

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 08:25:08 -0400

Hello Stephen:

That's very weird.  Have you had someone check the label on the disc
itself?  The only thing that could have happened is that a customer
returned that Book Port with the wrong CD in the case and we forgot to
check the CD to make sure they returned the right one.  That's the only
thing that makes sense.  If you could also provide me with your Serial
Number, then I can check to see if that's the case.

We don't have the books on the web anywhere.  They are only on the CD.
As you've discovered, the Book Port Transfer software is on the web,
though.  If you'd like to send that CD back to my attention, I'll get it
replaced for you--even if we have to make one.  We don't have extras on
hand, so that's probably what will happen.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> sac0052@xxxxxxx 04/13/06 07:23PM >>>
Hello folks,

My name is Stephen Clower and I was finally able to join this list.
I received my Book Port this past Saturday and absolutely love the
device.
As a college student this is perfect for storing both school and
pleasure
reading, and it gives me a much more convenient means of keeping
material
on hand when travelling from class to class. One thing which I
discovered
both to my amusement and slight annoyance when placing the Book Port
CD
into my computer was that, although the jacket of the CD and the print
on
the disk itself claimed to be the Book Port installation disk, the
contents
turned out to be a four-track audio CD with some kind of Eastern
European-sounding punk rock. Though the music is actually not too bad,
would like to know what might have happened. If it's not too much
trouble,
would one of you mind posting the contents of the disk somewhere on
the
internet so I can download it? I already retrieved the installation
software from the APH web site, but I would love to have the books on
the
disk as well.

Aside from that, I really love the Book Port. You folks at APH and
Springer
Design have done a fantastic job, and I look forward to future
progress.

--
Best regards,
 Stephen                          mailto:sac0052@xxxxxxx