[bookport] Re: a huge thanks to all who helped

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:14:39 -0400

Hi Marta:

While there have been some who have used 8 gig cards, APH does not support the
use of an 8 gig card, so you may do so, at your own risk.  We have only tested
with 4 gig cards.  Once you go beyond 4 gigs, then it is a different FAT system
and I would also think there'd be sluggishness problems, too.

Anyway, there's my official answer to that question.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx 08/25/07 02:13AM >>>
Hi Robert: Glad to see I'm not the only night owl, or should I say the
morning owl? it's already 2:01AM where I'm at.

Hmm, I ran the transfer tool when I transferred the braille formatted books
onto the half gig card, but didn't see the memo folder.

I'm wondering, would bookport work with an 8 gig card?  If so, a looksie at
office max, best buy or comp usa might be worth my while. And at the risk of
showing my ignorance once again, when purchasing the flashcards, do I need
to specify anything else other than the memory allocation and the type?
There are no specially formatted compact flashes for the apple for instance,
are there?  I took the book port with me when I went to get the one gig card
just to make sure I got the right one, but this time I might be ordering
online.

Did you read book seven in the hp series?  My favorite thing about Snape is
his sarcasm. Doesn't mean I appreciate his employment of it on people
without cause, but I love it when he gets in those acidy moods, which seems
to be all the time.  <LOLLOLLOL!>
Marta