[bookport] Re: a couple of suggestions I'd like feedback on

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:13:38 -0500

When you press the Help key, you have access to the whole manual.

>>> igucukoglu@xxxxxxxxxxx Friday, January 07, 2005 12:44:14 PM >>>
Hi all.
I am really getting to know my book port and am amazed at how much more =
stable it is and how better the supporting software is than the book =
courier's.  Particularly, I like the ability to choose the chapter ranges =
in daisy books so I can choose which chapters I want to take with me.  I =
have just a couple of suggestions though which I think would make the =
product the no. one for blind people.  Firstly, I think the help file =
should be abolished and instead be replaced with either a context =
sensitive help system depending on what mode you are currently working in =
or a key describer function when pressed before another key.  I also =
believe the whole users guide for the unit should be preloaded in memory =
so that it can be accessed by simply holding down the help key.  Because =
the keypad on the BookPort is quite crowded, I think the context sensitive =
or key description function is essential.

Warmest, Ibrahim