[bookport] Wireless listening

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 13:58:30 -0700

I will pipe in something here about wireless. But it ain't about headphones.
I have for a couple years been using an FM Digital transmitter, connected to
my headphone jack on the pc.  I read lots of stuff that way, as well as
listen to online content.  Of course it does mean that you have to have an
FM radio, either coming through on speakers or headphones.  I use a little
walkman radio for cruising around, or when it suits have it on the big
stereo.  And you need a frequency that is fairly quiet in your area to
designate for the transmitter.    The range on the transmitter is around 100
feet, and it depends on your area, but for us, it can be heard in the yard,
too.

As to reading materials on the Bookport wireless, I pretty much don't mind
using headphones, because I'd rather have the device close at hand to
navigate and be able to stop, or go back, etc. while reading.

I'd much rather regularly read posts on this discussion group about the Book
Port's operation though, on this list.  The Book Port is an amazing tool.
And I find that many of its features don't get discussed here that much.

Good luck, and happy reading!

Thanks.
Rik