[bookport] Unit size

  • From: emai7s@xxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:01:14 +0100

 "Mark Lee" wrote:

> ... from what I hear on the list, the next generation
book ports are supposed to be smaller than the current ones. I don't see
how this can be achieved with support for both SD and CF cards. The unit
would either have to be bigger, or the cost would increase.

Not at all. I have a couple of gizmos that are far smaller than the Book
Port, and they support both CF and SD cards. I don't think you realize just
how small CF and SD cards are in relation to the size of the Book Port.

So it's perfectly feasible to dramatically "slenderize" the Book Port while
providing support
for both SD and CF cards.

Peter