[bookport] Re: The problems I was having with .opf files

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:28:23 -0500

Thanks Walt for that information.  That is good to know.

>>> walt@xxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, January 04, 2005 5:35:48 AM >>>
Larry -

Well, I discovered the reason for the problems I was having with .opf =
files=20
and it might be something that others on the list could profit from. I =
was=20
downloading and unpacking the DAISY-format books from Bookshare using my =
PAC=20
Mate, then transferring the .opf files to my PC and then on to the BP. =
The=20
transfer from my PAC Mate to PC was done using ActiveSync and apparently,=
=20
even with file conversion turned completely off in ActiveSync, .opf =
files=20
get corrupted when they go this route. The same book's .opf file worked =
fine=20
when downloaded and unpacked directly on the PC, but failed 100% of the =
time=20
when ActiveSync was introduced into the picture. The moral, if any: =
don't=20
transfer .opf files using ActiveSync or they'll be corrupted and won't=20
transfer using the BP transfer software.

 --
 Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL
 walt@xxxxxxxxxx=20