[bookport] The problems I was having with .opf files

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port User List" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 05:35:48 -0500

Larry -

Well, I discovered the reason for the problems I was having with .opf files
and it might be something that others on the list could profit from. I was
downloading and unpacking the DAISY-format books from Bookshare using my PAC
Mate, then transferring the .opf files to my PC and then on to the BP. The
transfer from my PAC Mate to PC was done using ActiveSync and apparently,
even with file conversion turned completely off in ActiveSync, .opf files
get corrupted when they go this route. The same book's .opf file worked fine
when downloaded and unpacked directly on the PC, but failed 100% of the time
when ActiveSync was introduced into the picture. The moral, if any: don't
transfer .opf files using ActiveSync or they'll be corrupted and won't
transfer using the BP transfer software.

 --
 Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL
 walt@xxxxxxxxxx