[bookport] Re: Thanks for your assistance

  • From: "jaybee" <jayjohnson62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 14:58:01 -0500

If you're the moderator, fine, but if not, this is more info than I require. Jesse ----- Original Message ----- From: "albert griffith" <albertgriffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 11:54 AM
Subject: [bookport] Re: Thanks for your assistance

The issue of so many well intended thank yours cluttering up a list came up
on another list I'm a member of last week.  it seems many newbie's don't
know that netiquette doesn't enquire individualized thank yours because they
add so much to list traffic.  Traditionally, people put a, "thanks in
advance or just thanks at the end of their request.  If a thank you seems
absolutely necessary, it's customary to send it to that person privately. I
hope this helps.