[bookport] Talking of new features...

  • From: "Donna Slater" <donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 00:41:30 +0100

Hi there

I know a while ago, a lot of discussion was had about support for ogg files.
As this file type is becoming slowly more accepted by other software, would
it be possible to re-consider this feature again, even if initially it was
implemented by bookport transfer converting the file from ogg to mp3.  Yes,
I know I can do this manually, but it would be nice if this ability was
built into bookport transfer.

Also, it would be nice if the transfer software would recognise the zip
extension as a folder and allow you to send its contents to the bookport,
pretty much as say Kurzweil 1000 allows you to open the contents of a zipped
folder directly.

In all events, the bookport is still my number 1 gadget.  I would truly hate
to be without it.  So whether or not these features could be implemented,
thanks again to the APH staff for all their hard work.

Regards

Donna