[bookport] Re: Still having problems

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 09:03:29 -0500

Donna:

There are a few things I can suggest here.

1. Try disconnecting any USB scanners you may have, or any other USB
devices for that matter.
2. Try a different flash card.
3. Try new batteries.

I doubt the firmware update would effect this, but I can look into it.

Rob Meredith

>>> donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxxxx 01/17/06 04:04AM >>>
Hi

Further to my message about not being able to send mp3 files to my
bookport after updating to the new beta, I have done everything I can
think of.  I have:
formatted the card, there are no errors,
changed batteries,
changed usb cable,
tried various mp3 files, some send and some don't, but there's no
consistency.

I have tried various bit rate files, tried sending them compressed and
uncompressed for time, but all to no avail.  This is really weird,
because as I said some files send while others don't, but also, if I try
sending the same file again, it will sometimes send.  When a file does
not send, I get a flash card is full error, and my bookport locks
totally, to the extent that I have to remove the batteries.

I know I don't have to use the transfer program, but I really like to
speed up my files, so the problem is really annoying to me.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Also, is it possible to go back to a
previous firmware version once I have updated to the beta?

I am on digest mode at present, so if anyone has any immediate
suggestions, could you please send them to the list, but also if
possible copy them to my email address which is

donna.slater@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Donna