[bookport] Re: Speech vs. Beeps

  • From: Clarence Whaley <clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:12:48 -0600

Marlaina, since you are a Window-Eyes user the command you want is
ctrl-insert-b which reads you progress bars.  Also, you can use the keypad,
route the mouse to the bottom and read up either by clip or with 8 and see
the exact progress.

At 08:11 AM 12/17/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Marlana:
>
>Depending on your Screenreader of choice, that may already be possible =
>from the PC side. With JAWS, for example, you can read the title window, =
>using Insert plus T and get the status information, such as what is being =
>transferred, and the percentage of the transfer process.=20
>

>Pamela

>Dale, what a great idea!  I also wonder if APH might consider enabling
>speaking status messages during the process of transferring books.  I'd =
>like
>the software to tell me that I'm 25, 50 75 and 95 percent done with the
>transfer.  It's not critical, but it sure would be nice.
>
>Marlaina Lieberg
>----- Original Message -----=20

Clarence Whaley
Training Division Manager
GW Micro
E-Mail:  Clarence@xxxxxxxxxxx
Direct Voice (615) 383-6248
or 866-699-8901
Direct Fax (260) 489-2608
GW Micro Voice Number 260-489-3671
http://www.gwmicro.com
or press enter below to read all about our training program
http://www.gwmicro.com/training