[bookport] Re: Running audible.com files through the transfer process

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:18:15 -0500

I don't know if this is true or not, but someone said on another list that it takes more processing power to play format 3 books. I don't know if that would apply to the BP.

At 10:20 PM 6/17/2005, you wrote:

The ability to use format three as a second option for Audible would be
okay as it would be much faster to download from Audible and process
through the Transfer software.  I would not give up under any
circumstances BP's navigation features which makes necessary the use of
the time consuming phrase marking features.

We had two OTIS reading devices from Audible  before getting our two
BP's.  It probably took a third of the time, but the navigation feature
was barely doable. We never went back to use them after getting the BP.

By the way, I would give such a feature a low priority as  the two GB
card  will hold several format four Audible books easily.  With
multitasking you can download and transfer books and read your email at
the same time during a thirty to 45 minutes it takes to download a
two-part book .

Don Queen

queens@xxxxxxxxxxx

648 Kearney Street
El Cerrito, CA  94530

-----Original Message----- From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sandy Licht Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 3:17 PM To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bookport] Re: Running audible.com files through the transfer process

But you can't transfer format 2 Audible books to the BP.

At 03:47 PM 6/17/2005, you wrote:
>I use Audible and found that format 2 has good quality.
>
>Jim B

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
11For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans
for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in
earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you,"
says the
LORD...

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.7.8/22 - Release Date: 6/17/2005

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A