[bookport] Re: Larry's Tristan Interview

  • From: "RedBird" <rb60@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:32:03 -0700

I had the same problem with the Tristan interview.  I recall that
vbr files don't navigate correctly though when unindexed, and
this was a vbr, joint stereo and crc settings file, for what it
is worth.  Larry's other files are mono in the cases I could note
and apparently not vbr.

I'm impressed and grateful for your efforts with these programs,
Larry.  I feel like you are a friend I hope to hear much more
from  through these podcasts.  Thanks!  Great job!

Rob Fairclough

"Robert Carter wrote:
Saturday, June 18, 2005 8:53 AM

Hi All,

Larry did an interview with Tristan Pierce as a podcast. For some
strange
reason, it is the only podcast that I have ever played on the
BookPort
where the navigation commands do not work. When I press any
navigation key,
I get the message "seek failed." All other podcasts work as
expected. I
wonder what makes this file different? I am sending all of the
podcasts as
unindexed files straight to my cf card.

Robert Carter