[bookport] Re: Rubber Feet

  • From: "Tom Scanlan" <tom.scanlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:51:34 -0600

Everyone please keep in mind that many (perhaps most) people will not use
the notetaker function so will not have the problem the rubber feet
discussion and suggested modifications are trying to solve.  For them
(including me) the function of the BookPort is and will remain a book
reader.  I often carry it in my shirt pocket, so anything like rudder feet
that interferes with that would not be welcome.  I realize a modification
will not affect my current unit, but it will not last forever and I don't
want this problem with the replacement.  In fact, I would be happy to have
the belt clip removable.

The suggestion of an optional add-on that slips under the belt clip and
provides a stable platform with non-skid feet seems the best overall
solution.  It could also be a great after-market add-on for someone if APH
doesn't want to offer it.