[bookport] Re: Regular cd Books with the Book Port

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:54:25 -0600

BOOKport doesn't play WMA files.  I hope it will in the future.  Files with
the WMA extension are a lot smaller than MP3's.

> >>  You can play regular CD books, but you have to rip them first. =
>Ripping
>is the process of converting audio CDs into .wav, .mp3, or some other =
>file
>format.=20
>
>My question is...=20
>
>Is it true that Bookport does not play the windows media format file?  =
>They
>have the .wma extension.
>I just tried the other day and copied an albums worth of a music cd =
>after
>having the windows media player rip it to that format.  At same time, I
>loaded a couple audio books in mp3 format I bought from audio books for =
>free
>dot com and they play great.  So I was figuring Bookport does not play =
>WMA
>files.  The response I got from Bookport was "cannot play unfiltered =
>files."
>Please educate me if somebody does know.
>
>By the way  I know that buying audio books for free sounds contradictory
>when you say you purchase, but they are actually very cheap, and free if =
>you
>download the very lowest sound quality.  The readers seem to be all =
>British
>Shakespearean fellows and do a real nice job.  Public domain works.  =
>Lewis
>Carroll, Arthur Conan Doyle, Mark Twain, Rudyard Kipling and so on.
>
>Rik

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...