[bookport] Re: Regular cd Books with the Book Port

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:40:37 -0500

Rick:

Currently, the Book Port does not support WMA files.

>>> d28rik@xxxxxxx 03/08/05 11:31AM >>>
>>  You can play regular CD books, but you have to rip them first. =
Ripping
is the process of converting audio CDs into .wav, .mp3, or some other
=
file
format.=20

My question is...=20

Is it true that Bookport does not play the windows media format file?
=
They
have the .wma extension.
I just tried the other day and copied an albums worth of a music cd =
after
having the windows media player rip it to that format.  At same time,
loaded a couple audio books in mp3 format I bought from audio books for
=
free
dot com and they play great.  So I was figuring Bookport does not play
=
WMA
files.  The response I got from Bookport was "cannot play unfiltered =
files."
Please educate me if somebody does know.

By the way  I know that buying audio books for free sounds
contradictory
when you say you purchase, but they are actually very cheap, and free
if =
you
download the very lowest sound quality.  The readers seem to be all =
British
Shakespearean fellows and do a real nice job.  Public domain works.  =
Lewis
Carroll, Arthur Conan Doyle, Mark Twain, Rudyard Kipling and so on.

Rik