[bookport] Re: Reflashing Firmware when 'application missing' message is heard

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:42:12 -0400

Yes, download www.aph.org/tech/bpx_setup.exe, but before you run it,
make sure you have fresh batteries in the Book Port.

>>> tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Saturday, August 19, 2006 2:51:55 AM >>>
Hi,

a colleague attempted to update his firmware to the latest today, and
now his bookport reports 'application missing' when he
tries to use his bookport. I suspect the firmware update process may
have been inadvertently interrupted.

Is there a procedure still available for forcing a re-flash of the
latest firmware into his unit?

Experimenting to find a solution, I tried some old BP flash update
software I had left around, hoping to down version, and then
get prompted to update to the latest, but it appeared not to work, just
leaving my unit with the current firmware version.

Any assistance in relation to this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Tim

Tim Noonan
Tim Noonan Consulting Pty Ltd: Excellence in Accessibility and
Usability
+61 419 779 669
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.timnoonan.com.au
 here, and tried to down-version my machine, and then but it didn't
appear to work on my unit.