[bookport] Reflashing Firmware when 'application missing' message is heard

  • From: "Tim Noonan" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 16:51:55 +1000

Hi,

a colleague attempted to update his firmware to the latest today, and now his
bookport reports 'application missing' when he
tries to use his bookport. I suspect the firmware update process may have been
inadvertently interrupted.

Is there a procedure still available for forcing a re-flash of the latest
firmware into his unit?

Experimenting to find a solution, I tried some old BP flash update software I
had left around, hoping to down version, and then
get prompted to update to the latest, but it appeared not to work, just leaving
my unit with the current firmware version.

Any assistance in relation to this problem would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards
Tim

Tim Noonan
Tim Noonan Consulting Pty Ltd: Excellence in Accessibility and Usability
+61 419 779 669
tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.timnoonan.com.au
 here, and tried to down-version my machine, and then but it didn't appear to
work on my unit.