[bookport] Re: Rechargeable Batteries and Book Port

  • From: "Cy Selfridge" <cselfridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:43:46 -0500

Hi there,
There are several types of rechargeable batteries available.
Do *not* ever attempt to recharge a battery which is not specifically
designed to be recharged.
Ray-O-Vac makes some good rechargeable Alkaline batteries. You can purchase
the Ray-O-Vac rechargeable batteries and the charger which is specifically
designed to recharge those rechargeable Alkaline batteries at, among other
places, Wal-Mart. Another choice is the Nickel Hydride (NH) rechargeable
batteries.
The NH batteries are a bit more expensive than the alkaline ones but the NH
batteries can be recharged a lot more times. You can also purchase the NH
batteries and the charger which is designed to recharge the NH batteries at
Wal-Mart and Radio Shack among other places.
I use the NH batteries and have had excellent luck with them. HTH...
Cy, the Ancient Okie...