[bookport] RNIB DAISY books on BP

  • From: "Fil" <fil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:41:24 -0000

Hi

I tried and failed to copy an RNIB DAISY book from their CD to my BP.  I put it
in a directory and used send (which is working with other file types).

I copied the RNIB DAISY book in its entirety.

BP didn't like most of the files which do have strange extensions which I
assume are associated with the DAISY format.

Anyone got any comments or suggestions as how to proceed please?

BTW I love my BP now :-) But wish it had tone controls which are useful in mp3
audio books!

I was sat in the hospital today: read some revision notes from a textfile,
listen to some audio book and listen to some music (yeah I was there a long
time!).

As I say, could do with tone control even if its like cheap MP3 players, ie
different settings and its a pity that an item shipped for a blind person has
such rubbish earplugs.

However, I'd recommend  Sennheiser PXC 250  noise reducing headphones.  I've
got a Creative Labs set which are equally brilliant and about 40% of the price
but a little bulkier (still folding).

Cheers Fil in the UK

As light fades, vision increases
Blind people have vision

I cannot see you,
Cannot see you seeing me,
Equality reigns.

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there!"