[bookport] Re: Questions from a new user

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:25:11 -0400

Scott:

From the description of your errors, it sounds as if something went awry =
during your transfer attempt. We need to know more about what kinds of =
files you are trying to send, and the steps you took to send them.=20

To create a new folder on your flashcard, once you plug in and connect, =
press alt plus f to get to the BP folder, then press the Applications key, =
and select the "New Folder" option, press the Enter key, and name the =
folder and press the Enter key. At that point, you should be back in the =
BP folder. Note, however, the folder you create will be highlighted, but =
not open. In order to send files to that specific folder, you will have to =
press the Enter key again to open it.=20

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> swhite6931@xxxxxxxxxxx 06/14/04 07:35AM >>>
Hello Everyone,

My name is Scott White from Richmond Virginia.  I recently received my =
Book=20
Port and was having a couple of problems and was wondering if any one =
might=20
have some solutions.

I am currently using a 128MB Compact Flash card.  The Book Port transfer=20=

software reports the card size as 123MB.  However, my real problem is =
that=20
after sending several files to the Book Port I get one of two=20
errors.  First after I have sent several files to the book port then I =
get=20
a file creation error from the Book Port transfer software.  Secondly =
when=20
I get no errors from the Book Port transfer software and then detach =
the=20
Book Port from the computer, I go to read some of the files but I get =
an=20
application I/O error.

When I do get the file creation errors that I mentioned above the Book =
Port=20
transfer software reports that I still have well over 100MB remaining =
on=20
the card.

I always make sure that I never remove the flash card unless the unit is =
in=20
idle mode and I also make sure that I go through the remove hardware=20
program located in the systray before detaching the Book Port from the=20
computer.

When I am recording voice memos, I always get a background sound that has =
a=20
rhythmic beat to it that must be coming from the internal circuits.  Do=20
other folks experience this same sound in the background when recording=20
voice memos?

Finally, how do you make new folders on the Book Port flash card?

Thanks,

Scott White
President, Richmond Area Federation of the Blind
(804) 716-0559