[bookport] Questions from a new user

  • From: Scott White <swhite6931@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:35:06 -0400

Hello Everyone,

My name is Scott White from Richmond Virginia.  I recently received my Book
Port and was having a couple of problems and was wondering if any one might
have some solutions.

I am currently using a 128MB Compact Flash card.  The Book Port transfer
software reports the card size as 123MB.  However, my real problem is that
after sending several files to the Book Port I get one of two
errors.  First after I have sent several files to the book port then I get
a file creation error from the Book Port transfer software.  Secondly when
I get no errors from the Book Port transfer software and then detach the
Book Port from the computer, I go to read some of the files but I get an
application I/O error.

When I do get the file creation errors that I mentioned above the Book Port
transfer software reports that I still have well over 100MB remaining on
the card.

I always make sure that I never remove the flash card unless the unit is in
idle mode and I also make sure that I go through the remove hardware
program located in the systray before detaching the Book Port from the
computer.

When I am recording voice memos, I always get a background sound that has a
rhythmic beat to it that must be coming from the internal circuits.  Do
other folks experience this same sound in the background when recording
voice memos?

Finally, how do you make new folders on the Book Port flash card?

Thanks,

Scott White
President, Richmond Area Federation of the Blind
(804) 716-0559