[bookport] Re: Question about the audio range selection dialogue box

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 08:45:20 -0500

Marlaina:

I have to assume you are discussing Audible books.

There are three reasons why you might get the Select Audio Book Range =
dialog when sending Audible files:

1. The file is already in the folder you are sending to

2. There is not enough room on your card for the entire book

3. The file is larger than 256 MB

It sounds like we can rule out number 2, because you have plenty of room. =
Number 3 may be possible, but Audible generally doesn't produce files of =
256 MB or greater. So, I am hoping that the file is already on the card.

The range dialog lets you pick a starting time and an ending time for the =
Audible file. This isn't real exciting, but it is the only reasonable way =
to break up Audible files for those that don't have enough room for them. =
Audible files just don't have enough navigation info to break them up in a =
more meaningful fashion.

If you get the range dialog, you can generally just press Enter to start =
from your last reading position and send as much as will fit.

Rob Meredith

>>> marlaina@xxxxxxxxxx 11/10/04 04:46PM >>>
Hi all.
I have a 1 gb card, and am loading it up with books.  I have over 360 mb =
free on the card, but that audio range selection dialogue box, which I =
have never used before on smaller cards, continually appears.  I leave it =
at 1 and 72, and it seems I'm getting the books, but why is this happening?=

Also, can somebody explain to me a bit more about using that feature?

Thanks!

Marlaina