[bookport] Re: Pronounciation dictionary

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:01:14 -0400

The new BP is going to use the Doubletalk, too, and perhaps it can't support
an exception dictionary. Simply saying that an exception dictionary is an
excellent idea isn't enough--we need to know if the overall design, itself,
is capable of supporting one. Exception dictionaries are real processor hogs
and the BP is a long, long way from your desktop computer in terms of
processing power and what's called "throughput."