[bookport] Problem sending text as audio

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 23:45:34 +1200

Hello:

Well, this is rare but I can't figure this out.

Located the manual for the Internet Phone Wizard. The only unfortunate thing is that it was in pdf. Didn't really think that was much of a problem. Just opened it and exported it as text. Then I thought it would be handy to send the resulting text file to the book port. I tried both directly and as a file I had adapted by adding ::: as section markers.

Has anyone ever been able to make this scenerio work?

I never have any problem getting the file to the book port. But once there, no means of navigation appears to work, whether I send directly or as audio.

What do I have to do to navigate? None of the heading commands ever work. Section commands never work.

Cheers,
Dave

David Allen
Independent Adaptive Technology Consulting at reasonable rates

115-A Musselburgh Rise
Dunedin 9001
New Zealand
Telephone: +64-(03)455-7694