[bookport] Re: Orginator of Bookport Speech Discussion

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:21:54 -0500

I can't disagree with your sentiments. I would like to be able to use Elloquence or something more realistic, too... but not if it would raise the price of the BP. I have gotten used to Perfect Paul, and I think I would miss him... just a little. In an ideal world, the Bookport would have a dictionary, a rechargeable battery that would last forever, an actual pleasant human voice reading to me, and it would wash my dishes. (Smile!) But in the real world, I will take it just the way it is!

At 02:53 PM 9/14/2006, Milano Hyacinthe wrote:

I am not saying that the Bookport is not great since I also own a Bookport. As a blind software programmer, I am aware of the technologies that are out there that can improve in the Bookport speech. I have no problem with the speech but for a reading device I would prefer a more realistic voice. Otherwise, I love my Bookport I wish that it was rechargeable so I wouldn't have to purchase batteries at all time.

God Bless All

Milano Hyacinthe
Bachelor in Information Technology
Information Technology Technician
University of Central Florida

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.405 / Virus Database: 268.12.4/448 - Release Date: 9/14/2006