[bookport] Re: Orginator of Bookport Speech Discussion

  • From: "Angie Matney" <angie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:49:54 -0400

Hi Milano,

I actually like the factthat the Book Port doesn't have a built-in battery
pack. I did buy some high-capacity NIMH rechargeable batteries, and with those,
I get the best of both worlds. I don't have to buy batteries all the time, but
I also don't have to worry about the
BP's battery eventually becoming unable to hold a charge.

Best,

Angie

--Original Message Text---
From: Milano Hyacinthe
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:53:55 -0400

I am not saying that the Bookport is not great since I also own a Bookport. As
a blind software programmer, I am aware of the technologies that are out there
that can improve in the Bookport speech. I have no
problem with the speech but for a reading device I would prefer a more
realistic voice. Otherwise, I love my Bookport I wish that it was rechargeable
so I wouldn't have to purchase batteries at all time.

God Bless All

Milano Hyacinthe
Bachelor in Information Technology
Information Technology Technician