[bookport] Re: Newby questions

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:07:10 -0500

Don -

Well, as the manual states, the BP uses Type I CF cards, but that's
virtually the norm today. The only product that uses the older Type II form
is a micro drive and if you're shopping for CF cards, not even the clerks at
Circuit City or RadioShack are ignorant enough of what they're selling to
sell you a micro drive in place of a CompactFlash card--I don't _think_. Try
to stick with a brand that offers a lifetime replacement warranty and if you
should buy a 4Gb card, find out if it has a switch on it that either
configures it as a single 4Gb card or as two 2Gb cards and make sure you get
it correctly set.

I can't think of anything offhand from the manual that might be confusing or
misleading, but that's quite a lengthy document and there might be
something. I still seem to keep finding little HTML errors in it from time
to time that make the reading of some of the tables a little tricky, but I
think the last time I looked, I found only one. Best solution is to just ask
here if you have any questions.

You're gonna love this little puppy, I gay-ron-tee!