[bookport] Re: My Last Word on Feature Changes

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:37:42 -0500

That doesn't always work.

At 04:45 PM 9/16/2005, you wrote:
        Hello Richard.  To save settings, as I learned early in my Bookport
career, press D, E, and F often.  Then, when it crashes, just pull the
batteries, put them back, and you're all set, except for the clock.
-Brian
On Sep 16,  4:28pm, "Richard Ring" wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: My Last Word on Feature Changes
} No, I don't believe that all feature requests are a result of
} dissatisfaction, however I do sense that many individuals seem to feel
} that the unit is seriously flawed.  All of the units specifications are
} public knowledge, and I simply feel that if those who feel that the
} device does not meet their needs had taken the time to find out exactly
} what the machine can and cannot do, they would not be as unhappy with
} their purchase as some seem to be.
} I am glad that the device plays MP3 files, I don't use it for that, but
} I am glad it does.
} I have experimented with its MP3 navigation, and I find it wonderful.
} I wish there was a way to save settings to the compact flash card so as
} to allow you to reload your previous settings after a crash, but that's
} about all I want.
}