[bookport] Re: Macintosh

  • From: Stan Robinson <stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:15:32 +1000

Pamela,

Thanks for the info.

Will the Book Port work on the latest Mac using the Intel 2 core chip. This computer runs both platforms. You can run a programme called "Boot camp", which is part of the Mac OS. This software boots either Mac or Windows. There is a Russian software programme, which allows you to toggle between the two platforms.

I have seen this computer in action.

Most impressive.

Before I upgrade my computer and purchase a Book Port, I need an answer to my query.
************************************************************************ ****************************************

On 26 Sep 2006, at 10:49 PM, PAMELA RADER wrote:

Stan:

Book Port is not supported on a Mac, because you need the Book Port
Transfer software to filter the items to work on Book Port. Also,
because of drive letter platform, it can't be used with a Mac. Even if
you were to find other software to use, ours wouldn't work, and
therefore, we do not support Mac.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

stanrob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/25/06 09:48PM >>>
Hi Everyone,

This is my 1st posting to the group. I have been listening to audio
books (taped) since early 1990. The organization that supplies me
with books, is going digital. They will use the "Daisy" format.

My question: Is there any method or software, that will enable me to
use a "Book Port" with my Mac??

Just at present, I do not wish to upgrade my Mac, to a dual core,
dual platform machine.

Thank you,

Stan.