[bookport] Re: Macintosh

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:54:49 -0700

        Hello.  For Windows, you should be able to use the standard Bookport
transfer utility as shipped by APH.
        for native Mac OS X, you can use the ubt utility, a command line based
utility which  indexes text and audio files for the Bookport.  There are
several folks using it for the Mac, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help
you out where they can so that you can do transfers either under Windows,
using Bootcamp or Parallels, or using the native OS X environment.
        For more information, see:
http://www.nfbcal.org/~buhrow/ubt
-Brian
On Jul 25, 10:06am, Stan Robinson wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Macintosh
}
} --Apple-Mail-1-856387310
}
} Hi All,
}
} I would like to make contact with any member of the group, who is
} using a dual platform Mac. Currently, I am attempting to run "Windows
} XP", using either "Parallels" or Apple's beta programme," Boot Camp".
}
} I have recently acquired a "Book Port", which unfortunately is not
} compatible with the Mac operating system.
}
} I am having a few problems with the above set-up, which I would
} appreciate discussing with any Mac user in the group.
}
} Stan.
} --Apple-Mail-1-856387310
}
} <HTML><BODY style="word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space;
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; font-size: 24px; ">Hi All,<DIV><BR
class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I would like to make contact with
any member of the group, who is using a dual platform Mac. Currently, I am
attempting to run "Windows XP", using either "Parallels" or Apple's beta
programme," Boot Camp".</DIV><DIV><BR
class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I have recently acquired a "Book
Port", which unfortunately is not compatible with the Mac operating
system.</DIV><DIV><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>I am having a
few problems with the above set-up, which I would appreciate discussing with
any Mac user in the group.</DIV><DIV><BR
class="khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Stan.</DIV></BODY></HTML>
} --Apple-Mail-1-856387310--
}