[bookport] Re: Locking the Bookport

  • From: "Sharon" <afinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:18:41 -0400

I would hate to loose a method for determining whether or not the unit is
locked. I agree that it is perhaps over kill to have an audible response
from every key. Being able to drop the unit into a pocket or purse is one of
the advantages over tape players and tapes. However explaining to everyone
who asks "What is that beep" can be a real pain. On the other hand, finding
that it has been unlocked, leaving the memo feature on, causes problems that
require reconnecting to the computer, or at the extreme, finding your data
lost, can be even worse.
The problem with the memory key is something that I have gone into before. I
have actually gone to the extreme of covering the bottom 6 keys. It helps
the problem but is not a good solution. I wonder if there could be a sleeve
made out of a hard substance that could be slipped over the unit for
traveling. I have yet to find a pouch that will prevent accidental hitting
of a key. Any hard containers that I have found are so bulky that they
defeat the small size of the unit.
Don't misunderstand, I still think that the Book Port is the greatest thing
to come along since small tape players. I can't now imagine being without my
Book Port.
I also think that, in this day and age, it is quite remarkable to have a
support team that considers the ideas of the users.

Make it a great one

Sharon