[bookport] I've Lost my Memo Folder!!

  • From: "Cindy Wentz" <cindy2u@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:13:33 -0500

A strange thing happened with my Bookport. . .

The only folder I could access was my Memos folder.  I had about 10 books on
the same compact flash card but could not move to them.  However, I do think
they were there.  I tried downloading additional books and they seemed to
have been sent to the bookport successfully.  Again, however, they could not
be accessed.

In an attempt to correct this problem, I reformatted the card, thereby
deleting everything from it.  I then downloaded the books again.  No
problem.  The books are there.  But no Memos folder.  I recorded a memo
anyway.  That worked.  The memo was there - in the Memos folder.  However,
this brought me back to the same old problem.  The Memos folder was there
but I could not access anything but that!

I tried another compact flash card.  The same thing happened.  So it's
obviously not the card.

My temporary solution has been to again reformat the card, again download
books and just not have a Memos folder.

Help!  What's the problem here and how do I fix it?

Cindy