[bookport] Idea

  • From: "Scott Duck" <sduck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port Discuss" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:44:50 -0600

Hi Everyone,
Several people on the list have mentioned the need for something to stabilize
the BP when taking notes or otherwise using the BP on a flat surface and many
of these people have advocated placing rubber feet on the back of the unit in
order to accomplish this. It seams to me that rubber feet could interfere with
the use of the belt clip. I have another idea that I would like to share. Many
scientific calculators have a cover that slides over the front of the
calculator, when it is not being used. The cover is removed, reversed, and slid
over the back of the calculator when the calculator is being used. There is
usually a groove on each side of the calculator, which acts as a pare of tracks
in which the cover slides. Perhaps such a cover could be designed for Book
Port. When the BP is not being used, the cover would cover the front of the
unit and prevent accidental key presses, even if the BP is not locked. When the
BP has to be used on a flat surface, the cover could be reversed, making the
back of the BP flat. If the belt clip is needed, the cover could be removed
entirely. If space permits, there could be a couple of slots inside the cover
for extra Compact Flash cards. I am sure that this solution would be more
expensive than the rubber feet because the plastic housing of the BP would have
to be redesigned in order to accommodate the cover and the cover itself would
be more expensive than the rubber feet. I would like to here what some of you
think of this solution.

Thanks,

Scott