[bookport] Re: Firmware Updating

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:48:59 -0400

Bruce:

Rest assured that we would not randomly suggest that you might want to
run chkdsk. If you get the warning, it either means that your system
does not contain the automated version of chkdsk that we use, or it
means that you got an error while running the automated chkdsk. In any
case, reformatting was probably a good idea.

Rob Meredith

>>> dogriver@xxxxxxxx 08/23/05 10:23PM >>>
I just updated to the latest firmware beta today. As I mentioned
before, I
had been having problems doing so because of a message saying there was
an
error writing to file. Since I got no suggestions on this, I tried
formatting my card, saying a cheerful goodbye to the stuff i had on it.

This did the trick, and I was able to update successfully. I'm
wondering,
under what circumstances will you get that warning saying that you may

have to run chkcsk? Does it happen when there is a known problem that
the
system detects or does it just happen randomly or is there some other
cryteria by which it decides when you need a warning? I.E., when I get
the
warning about running chkdsk before updating my firmware, does this
mean a
problem has been detected?

Bruce

--