[bookport] Re: Firmware Updating

  • From: Bruce Toews <dogriver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 06:19:02 -0500 (CDT)

Oh, that wasn't an issue. There was nothing on the CF card that wasn't already on my PC. It just took about two hours transfering the stuff to the CF card. No big deal.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Sandy Licht wrote:

Bruce, before you formatted, you could have transferred your files to your PC using Windows Explorer. I know how it is when you don't want to lose those files on your CF card.

At 10:13 PM 8/23/2005, you wrote:
I suspect it does, because I've never got the warning.  You may be
learning about the vaguaries of flash memory the hard way.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:23:34 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

> I just updated to the latest firmware beta today. As I mentioned before, > I
> had been having problems doing so because of a message saying there was > an
> error writing to file. Since I got no suggestions on this, I tried
> formatting my card, saying a cheerful goodbye to the stuff i had on it.
> This did the trick, and I was able to update successfully. I'm wondering,
> under what circumstances will you get that warning saying that you may
> have to run chkcsk? Does it happen when there is a known problem that the
> system detects or does it just happen randomly or is there some other
> cryteria by which it decides when you need a warning? I.E., when I get > the
> warning about running chkdsk before updating my firmware, does this mean > a
> problem has been detected?
> > Bruce

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218