[bookport] Re: File transfer speed

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 14:29:56 -0400

Deon,

The BP comes with a 128 meg card but is successfully being used with cards
up to 2 gig in size.  I haven't transferred many daisy books, generally
opting for other formats like .brf, but the transfer of daisy books tends to
take a while as a great deal of processing gets done by the transfer
software.  In fact, just about all of the heavy lifting in BP is done by the
transfer software.  The .brf's take only a few seconds but the daisy's are
considerably longer.  I'm sure someone else on the list with more daisy
experience will tell you more.  Welcome to the list.  I know that if you
make the purchase, you'll find as most of us have, that the book port
quickly becomes indispensable.  Lou