[bookport] Re: Does book port support undo

  • From: "Anthony" <anthony.gough@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 21:11:03 +0100

When you press the read key to stop the playback/reading the book port remembers where it was correct?
It also does this when the sleep timer activates or when you move to another file etc.
The first thing the book port has to do before it remembers where it was during these operations is to stop playing/reading so at this point the book port is stopped.
When you press a key to tell the book port to do something if it is a navigation command and the machine is playing it must stop what it is doing in order to execute the command, even if it only stops playing/reading briefly in order to move position and start playing again it must stop playing in order to do this. So I would think the book port when it gets a command it works out what the command is, if it is a command that requires the book port to change its position in the file it stops playing, works out where to start playing and then starts playing from the new location. So you only need the book port to remember a position for undo when it is stopped anyway.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>