[bookport] Re: Does book port support undo

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:08:35 -0500

When you accidentally go to the end of a book in Word, which I have done, there isn't even an undo command.

At 09:28 AM 9/8/2006, Walt Smith wrote:

I seriously doubt that this is very practical and it would not be trivial to
implement. It would mean that the Book Port firmware would constantly have
to be monitoring your position in the document, recording that location
somewhere, then redoing the whole thing after you complete some defined
boundary (word, sentence, paragraph, page). The processing overhead would be
very extreme. Undoing a move is nothing at all like undoing a change in
Microsoft Word or something similar on a desktop computer (which has a
vastly more powerful microprocessor). Also, in the two years that I've owned
a Book Port, this is the first time I've heard this problem. When you say
that you held down "a key," that seems to imply that you haven't read the
manual, since you'd know which key you held down. The 1 key held down for
one beep takes you to the beginning of the file; the 2 key held down for one
beep takes you to the end of the file.