[bookport] Re: DAISY material and moving by sections

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 07:45:25 -0400

Yes, apparently, the entire issue is marked as level 1 heading.  This is =
to later compile the whole year's issues into one volume.

>>> ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, September 13, 2004 10:49:00 PM >>>
Sorry, my original note seems to have got clipped, so, here it is
again..
I downloaded and installed the most recent betas (BookWizard, Bookport
Transfer, and Bookport firmware).

I then downloaded the Sept 12 issue of the New York Times in DAISY
format from Bookshare, and put it on my Bookport.

I noticed that I can navigate from article to article using the 4+7 and
6+9 keys (as in the previous beta).

However, I cannot navigate by section using the 1+4 and 3+6 keys as
described in the new documentation.  When I use 1+3 from the beginning
of the newspaper, for example, the unit beeps after a short pause
(presumably looking for the next section).

Thus, although I can navigate within the "Letters to the Editor" section
by letter, I cannot by-pass the entire section.

Either: 1) this function is not working, or 2) this material isn't
formatted with larger sections? It would be nice to be able to skip by
bigger chunks in this material. Maybe this is an issue with how the
material is formatted in the first place.  Is there something that can
be done in how NFB is formatting this or with how the Bookport works?

Anyway, all of the other features you have been adding are neat and seem
to be working well.  Great job!

-- Pete