[bookport] Re: Completely Removing the Transfer Software

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:20:16 -0400

Never use Add/Remove Programs if the application has its own uninstaller and
Book Port Transfer does. Go to the Start Menu and open the Book Port
Transfer folder and you'll find an Uninstall Book Port Transfer item there.
Use that.

And before someone asks why you shouldn't use Add/Remove Programs if the
application has its own uninstall routine, the answer is that the program,
itself, knows far better than any other possible method just what needs to
be done to completely uninstall all of its components.