[bookport] Re: Clipping in an audible.com file

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:06:31 -0500

I'm just guessing, but I suspect the pause compression is the problem.
This can happen if the recording is of low quality. Try sending a small
section with pause compression turned off.

Rob Meredith

>>> aruell@xxxxxxxxxxx 03/08/06 10:03AM >>>
Hi Larry and all,
I just downloaded and read The Lincoln Lawyer on my bookport. I noted
that
the ends of some words were clipped off. This has not occurred in
other
files to my knowledge, but was quite noticeable. I both compressed
pauses
and used time compression when sending the file to my bp. Any
thoughts?

Amy Ruell
ReadBooks! Program Manager
National Braille Press