[bookport] Re: Changing note titles

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 08:49:09 -0400

Dave:

I'll have to look into this, but I don't think it works on the Book
Port side.  However, you could sync it to the PC, using the syncronize
feature and then edit it on the PC side.  I realize this is
inconvenient, but it's the only way I know to get it changed.

I'll let you know if I discover anything different.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx 05/03/07 06:01AM >>>
Hi list!

Unless I've missed it, I don't think the bookport manual covers this,
so I'm
asking here.

I know that note titles are drived from the first line of text.
Unfortunately, even though I make notes fairly often, I rarely start
new
ones. That is why I forgot to consider that when I started a new one
yesterday. The bookport did exactly what it should, in that it used the

first line I typed as the note title. Unfortunately, that isn't what I
want
for a note title. I have edited this and made the first line what I
prefer
the title to be but the bookport appears not to notice this. If I
navigate
to that note now, and press the edit note command, I go into the file
fine,
but nothing I know can pursuade the note's title to change from the
original
first line, even though that line is now actually the fourth line of
the
file. Is there any way of fixing this natively on the unit or do I need
fix it in Windows Explorer or something? It's not a show stopper, but
would
be nice if I can easily correct such a stupid blunder.

Cheers,
Dave