[bookport] Re: Changing note titles

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 09:41:11 -0500

To save the hassle... and because I am an impatient person, if I were you, I would just change it in Windows Explorer. Then when we all find out the answer, you can keep it in mind for future reference. In other words, I don't know the answer to your question. I'm waiting to hear along with you.

At 05:01 AM 5/3/2007, David Allen wrote:
Hi list!

Unless I've missed it, I don't think the bookport manual covers this, so I'm asking here.

I know that note titles are drived from the first line of text. Unfortunately, even though I make notes fairly often, I rarely start new ones. That is why I forgot to consider that when I started a new one yesterday. The bookport did exactly what it should, in that it used the first line I typed as the note title. Unfortunately, that isn't what I want for a note title. I have edited this and made the first line what I prefer the title to be but the bookport appears not to notice this. If I navigate to that note now, and press the edit note command, I go into the file fine, but nothing I know can pursuade the note's title to change from the original first line, even though that line is now actually the fourth line of the file. Is there any way of fixing this natively on the unit or do I need to fix it in Windows Explorer or something? It's not a show stopper, but would be nice if I can easily correct such a stupid blunder.

Cheers,
Dave

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.