[bookport] Re: Changing Audio File Speed on the Fly

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 19:11:44 -0400

Well, it sure would be nice to have, as it were, an "on board" speed
control, but no biggy! Ironicly enough, I only used the "speed up . compress
file" option last night, and I'm impressed with how well it works. I didn't
use it on the audible books I downloaded last wednesday night prior to my
five day jaunt to florida since I didn't want to run out of reading material
by speed-reading my selections. Blessed thing too; don't know whether it was
the x-ray machine or the fact that I had failed to lock the keyboard, but
after going through security, at least five files had been deleted. Boy was
I frosted, but I was complicit in that disaster.

Take care!

John