[bookport] Re: Changing Audio File Speed on the Fly

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 22:45:27 -0500

Sometimes the BP will say files are deleted... at least, they won't show
up, but they are still there.  Whenever that happens, take the memory card
out of the unit, then put it back.  Do a reset, or take out a battery for a
few seconds.  It worked for me.

At 06:11 PM 5/17/2005, you wrote:
>Well, it sure would be nice to have, as it were, an "on board" speed
>control, but no biggy! Ironicly enough, I only used the "speed up . compress
>file" option last night, and I'm impressed with how well it works. I didn't
>use it on the audible books I downloaded last wednesday night prior to my
>five day jaunt to florida since I didn't want to run out of reading material
>by speed-reading my selections. Blessed thing too; don't know whether it was
>the x-ray machine or the fact that I had failed to lock the keyboard, but
>after going through security, at least five files had been deleted. Boy was
>I frosted, but I was complicit in that disaster.
>
>Take care!
>
>John

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A
are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
12In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13If you look for me in earnest,
you will find me when you seek me. 14I will be found by you," says the
LORD...