[bookport] Re: CF cards, type?

  • From: John Denning <jdenning@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:51:17 -0400

Thanks all, I ordered the 512MB San Disk CF.
There are Type I, II, & III, the differences are thickness and voltage. I
used to be able to tell you what was what. I know Type III are rather thick
by CF standards and include some of the very micro drives, very tiny hard
drives.

I think Type 1 are 3.3 volts and II 5, but someone can correct me on that.

At 05:02 PM 9/26/2004, you wrote:
>Hi Albert and list:
>
>I agree with you about performance between brands. I've had no trouble with
>any card that I've used. Now the issue of type is a bit of a puzzler. I've
>noticed a lot of references on this list to type one or type I. I also
>recall a Plusedata employee telling me to get type two cards for my wife's
>Braille note. In either case, none of the people at local supply stores seem
>to know anything about card types. Web sites that sell memory also appear to
>be silent on the matter as well. Happily though, all the cards that I've
>purchased have worked well in either device as required. So I can find no
>way of telling what differences there might be.
>
>Cheers,
>Dave

-JD- John Denning
A+ MCSA MCSE