[bookport] Re: Braille translation errors

  • From: "Joni Colver" <july77@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Book Port" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 09:51:24 -0600

Hi Richard,

I have not noted these same errors but have noted other things which I
assume are due to Braille translation issues.

The word feminine is consistently pronounced as feme and even spelled that
way when reading brf files from bookshare or Web Braille.  I assume the in
contractions are being interpreted as an asterisk and ignored in the
pronunciation and spelling because of my setting for punctuation.

I have occasionally noticed stand alone contractions like b for but and c
for can as being read as just the letter.
Have you changed the punctuation from its default?  Mine is set on the
default setting of some with numbers.  Maybe a different punctuation setting
would eliminate at least the double f error.

I have also noted in Web Braille that in a word like cafe with an accented e
it is pronounced as cafate.  Actually Eloquence does not pronounce this as I
am hearing it with Double Talk which is caf uh tee.  The accent is
interpreted as the at sign I assume.

Joni